Monday, March 10, 2008

This is serious stuff.....

Yes, that's right. We went last week to get Drew's 2 year pictures taken, and didn't get ONE smile out of him!! What is it with my two year old?!? At 18 months, we could not get him to stop smiling for the camera-- we took soooo many pictures of him, only because he gave us the cutest, most adorable smiles we'd ever seen! I always go to JC Penney to get his pictures taken, only because I get these coupons for $8 to get 32 pictures. I find this to be a great deal, and so we do it. The only drawback being this: you have to pick one pose for the entire 32 pictures. At 18 months, however, I could not help myself. There were just too many great smiles, too many adorable poses. I gave in and spent $20 for three different poses. NOW, fast forward to last week-- Drew's 2 year pictures. It's the one and only time I've got a coupon for $7 for 32 pictures (woohoo!) AND the 'smiles by wire' (where they'll send me all the pictures to my email address online) is free-- normally an extra $6 that we just don't spend. Why oh why, then, could I not get one smile out of my son?!?! :o) We probably looked pretty comical in that studio. There we were: the photographer, me, my good friend Karrie, her son Dayn (4- Drew's best friend!) and her daughter Ava (2)---- all making faces, singing songs, laughing, playing peek a boo, talking about Elmo, Peep, Dash, and every other character I can think of that he loves BUT....... nothing. Not one. I'm not complaining, really, because when it comes down to it-- I only paid $7 dollars and got some okay pictures of my son. It's just funny how 6 months has changed him!! And for those of you who know my husband at all..... it's even harder to believe that we have such a serious son!!! (Andy is NOT the serious type!! We laugh a lot at our house!) Drew's not really a serious kid all the time, though, either. Just when we get out in public in situations or around people that are new to him. How funny, really. Well, here are some of the pictures of our attempts to get him to smile :o) ** since I got the smiles by wire for free, hey, I'm gonna use the pictures!!! **


This is the pose we got 32 pictures of


How sweet!


This is the closest we got to an actual smile.....


I'm not going to look at you guys.....


Are we done yet?


You're kidding, right?!

8 comments:

Pugmire family said...

oh my gosh he is sooo cute. I am going to have to look for those coupons $8 is a steal. Good thing he is so adorable, the pics turned out even without a smile. By the way dont tell Andy but Drew is 90% Clayson.

Jill said...

I was just checking out your family pictures at the bottom of your blog. Um... why do you look SO GOOD right after you had Drew? I think there are only two pictures of me after I had Jenna and they are buried somewhere very, very.... very deep. No one can see them unless they get photo-shopped! You guys are such a cute family!!!

Unknown said...

Such a great deal on pictures! Drew still looks super cute, At least he wasn't mad or crying!

Miss Deja said...

He's two Kimra, pretty normal to not get a smile. He's a adoreable though...no worries. Fun seeing the pics.

Aggieland Mom said...

That's exactly why I haven't taken Alex in yet... not only would he not smile, I'm positive he'd throw a tantrum. I'm still looking for a good deal somewhere around here. Hey, did you get that email I sent you about our trip together this May?

Jen said...

awwwwwwwwww lol! even though he's not smiling he's still way too cute!!! =)

Reuben Ortega said...

Nice Blog! I saw your comment on the Courtwright's blog and had to say hi. I didn't know you were out here in the Midwest. Well it looks like things are going well for you. Check out my blog for an update. http://www.rjortega.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

HI KIMRA!!

I can't believe how big Drew is getting! And congrats on baby #2 on the way!! I'm loving your blog..totally a fun way to catch up!

Keep your posts coming!
-Ashley
www.ashleyrencher.blogspot.com