Thursday, November 12, 2009

My {super}Hero

Last night Drew, as has become very common around here, was proudly wearing his Batman jammies and cape.

All of a sudden he climbed onto the arm of the couch and declared, "I'm a super-hero! ...... That means I need to fly!"




Andy and I just had a little giggle and decided to see what he would do. He jumped and then landed on the ground.

Things started to fall into place for him, as he realized that he can't fly. (I think he honestly thought that if we was wearing his batman jammies, that he could.... until he actually tried) He became very upset, and tried over and over and over.





After no successes, he started crying to Andy that, "I'm a super-hero so I need to fly, but I can't fly."




Talk about a sad day for a 3 year old! Well, Andy proceeded to explain that when he was a little boy, he could fly in his dreams. Drew said, "Hmm... let's see about that", promptly laid on our bed and closed his eyes.



About 5 seconds later, he sat up and was sad all over again. "It didn't work!" It's alright, you're still my {super}hero!



Well, we finally convinced him that maybe he should go to bed and really fall asleep, which he did.... Sweet Dreams, Buddy!

2 comments:

Jill said...

such a cutie! what determination!

Unknown said...

This is a great post! What a fond memory for him and you. I hope he gets to fly in his dreams.