On the way home from church this afternoon Andy and I decided that fall really is here! It's a cool, overcast day today and you can just feel it. So, I had to change our blog from a summer theme to a fall theme :)
Last week was Drew's first "Special Day" at preschool. Moms are invited to stay on their child's special day, so I did-- much to Drew's dismay. Here's how the conversation went:
Me- "Drew- it's your special day tomorrow at school!"
Drew- "What does that mean?"
Me- "Well, you get to be Miss Karrie's special helper, you get to be in the front of the line, and you get to bring something for show and tell!"
Drew- "YES!!!!!!!!!"
Me- "AND .... mommy gets to come to school with you!"
Drew- "NOOOOO, I DON'T WANT YOU TO COME WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!"
We'll just leave it at-- a good bribe for a subway sandwich will get him every time-- I went :) I also had to promise him that I would sit in the corner and he would hardly know I was there.
I guess the kid loves his newfound freedom from mom at school ;)
About 10 minutes into class I overheard him laughing with some other kids at his table-- saying a word that's not necessarily allowed at our house. I said, "Drew, don't say that bud." He goes, "Mom, you're supposed to be hiding in the corner, remember?" Right.
After a while, though, I think he started having fun with me there and by the end didn't seem to mind at all. They were 'nature detectives' and went outside looking for things that are changing with the cooler weather. They were so cute!! Seriously. A bunch of four year olds walking around with their little magnifying glasses-- classic!
"A leaf that turned brown!"
3 comments:
Fall left today. I am missing it. The things you write about Drew are so cute.
HA! He is so funny! Love it.
I love the little magnifying glasses. What a fun idea. It's amazing how it just clicks once they start school that's just not cool for mom to be around. :( Silly kids. :)
Post a Comment