Monday, June 20, 2011

THREE

Three kids is kicking my behind!! :)  I have never been so busy all day long, and still by the end of it have nothing to show for all my work (i.e. the house is still a mess and there is no dinner made). 

I go from getting a drink for Grant to rocking a newborn to helping Drew with his legos to putting away a few dishes to holding a newborn to taking Grant potty to feeding a newborn to getting Drew something to eat for lunch to getting Grant a drink to changing Mack's diaper to..... it could go on and on! 

I keep asking myself how anyone does this with more kids!?!  Wow.  My appreciation and awe for so many family members and friends with multiple children has grown exponentially in the last few weeks :)  I feel pretty proud of myself if by the end of the day I've taken a shower and maybe have gotten the beds made.  I'm hoping I can get into a groove of actually accomplishing something once this sweet little Mack gets on a better schedule/sleeps better during the day.  Hopefully.  Maybe then my eyes will stay open past 7:30 pm, too.  Wouldn't that be awesome?!?  :)

That all being said, I wouldn't trade taking care of these three little angels for anything in the world!!!  I am very blessed with good kids (they are really good!) and healthy kids and the opportunity to stay home with them.  I know that these are huge blessings to our family from our loving Heavenly Father.    I sure love my three sons  :)

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

What cute boys! They're blessed to have you as their mom.

Hopefully things calm down a bit or you just get use to chaos :)

LundHOMEpage said...

Love seeing pics! Thanks for updating busy mamma! I am thinking i will really need to prepare myself for the third one...maybe we will wait a bit longer than planned. lol You are doing great! Just love those boys!

Ranisa said...

They are super cute kids Kimra!!! When I was pregnant with my third a good friend told me that it was the biggest change going from 2 to 3, and then anything after that didn't get any crazier. You have made it with 3, so now it doesn't get any crazier. I believe this...or I wouldn't be having a 5th!

Aggieland Mom said...

AMEN sista! It's nice to know you have friends who are doing and thinking the same thing you are... and Steve is still at home helping me! Three is tough, wonderful and tough. Mack is the cutest little guy. That picture of all three of them is beautiful.

Ryan and Melissa said...

Your boys are so cute! And I know you're doing awesome and your boys appreciate you. They love you too!

Delightful Domestic Science said...

It's super busy isn't it?!

The two things that saved me were drink bottles for the big girls that stay on the kitchen bench when not in use and having baby in a sling or swing part of the day.

Sling is good when baby is fussy and needs to be held but you have a few things to take care of and swing is good when you need free hands for laundry, cooking and so on.

I also popped baby in the swing in the bathroom with me while i took that needed 90 second shower :-)

Love the picture!
xx
H

Cammy Patton said...

I was just having this conversation with Jed the other day. I am so lucky that I have my litle 8 yr old to help me out... because having 3 younger ones, pretty close together - I think I'll have to wake up at 5 in order to look presentable ever again.
We can be kindred spirits from afar :)

Courtney said...

You are definitely blessed - What sweet boys! And they are equally blessed to have you as their mommy! You are amazing!

Pugmire family said...

Lucky boys! If YOU are feeling frazzled with three what will it be like for me someday???