Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bham Family Reunion 2011

I am so lucky to have married into such an awesome family-- seriously!  The Burningham Fam is just so much fun!  We had a great time laughing, sweating, playing, sweating, going, dying of heat, eating, sweating, talking, dying of heat, and just spending time with them.  The reunion this year was in San Antonio-- never again will we travel there in JULY-- ugh:
Yes, it was crazy hot.  Yes, I don't remember the last time I couldn't cool down-- even in A/C.  Yes, we went through a ton of sunscreen.  Yes, some of us learned that sunscreen actually does expire (therefore, got burned ;).  BUT-- we honestly had a really great time!  We were not ready for it to be over.

A big, huge thanks to Andy's bro and sil Tim & Lisa for their awesome planning.  And to Andy's Aunt, for her hard work and planning as well-- everything went off without a hitch!  (and when you're planning for 26 people, that's not easy to do!)

We were able to go boating one day, do a ton of swimming at the Resort's pools, go see an actual Texas Ranch with Texas Longhorns, go to SeaWorld, see downtown San Antonio, and some were able to do a session at the San Antonio temple-- what an awesome trip!!
 Texas Longhorn and us :)
 Stick 'em up!
 Drew with Pistol Packin' Paula and the outlaw at the Ranch
 Some of the Bham clan in front of Sea World
 Remember The Alamo!
 On top of the Tower of Americas in San Antonio
 Walking along the beautiful Riverwalk
 At the Riverwalk Show (see the band playing on the bridge in the background)  Mack is naked b/c he had just blown through his second outfit of the day-- that's all I had brought with us!
 Mack did a whole lot of hanging out in his carseat/stroller :)

Grant in the Ranch's 'out house' ;)

2 comments:

Ryan and Melissa said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! I wouldn't enjoy that heat, but I'm sure spending time with family is worth it! Your family is adorable!

Kirsten and Steve said...

We had such a great time!! It is fun to catch up on your blog and actually have been there for part of it! Yeah! Here's to more of that!