Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's been a year

I guess after a year, it is time to do a little updating.  I'm not even sure if anyone looks at our blog anymore, which is actually fine by me-- but I was just looking back a little, and realized what a great journal this has been in years past.  I'd like to keep it up so I don't forget the small awesome little things every day :)

I love my family- while my boys may drive me batty sometimes ;) I absolutely and completely adore them.  Seriously, though.. a lot of days end with me wondering what on earth I'm doing wrong and how I can be a better mother... and then I usually fall asleep from exhaustion before I can really even begin to think of a solution.  It's hard.  So fun to be a mother, but hard.

I love how Grant is a sweet tender little boy.  He is so smart, and can remember details like no one's business.  It's so funny to hear him tell a story in perfect detail- that happened months ago!  He asks to 'cuddle' with me just about every day, and sometimes ends up falling asleep oh so sweetly on me:
I love how Mack sings songs almost non-stop.  I am continually amazed at how well he picks up the tunes and a lot of the words.  Some of his favorites are: Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam (he calls this 'Jesus'), I Am a Child of God (he calls it the 'nigh nigh' song), Follow the Prophet ('pofet'), and Book of Mormon Stories (he doesn't know any of the words to this one, but will sing every tune right on and end with da, da, CHEE!- translation: 'righteously' :), and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ('dar').  We usually can't even get through an entire song before he's excited to move on to the next one:
I love watching Drew grow up-- man, I can't believe I have a 7 year old!  For some reason that seems so much older than 6 to me.  He is loving school (for the most part... :) and recently had to do a big dino report/diorama box.  His excitement for this fun project was contagious.  It was so sweet.  This is him with his 100 Day shirt... he had fun with that too.

I love my Andy man.  We had such a fun time on our cruise over Christmas- it was more than relaxing to have five whole days with just us.  I have to admit, though-- by about Wednesday I was really missing my boysies.


Andy is still loving his job, and traveling a lot lately.  He had a long time home... from November-February.  But of the last 5 weeks he was gone for three of them.  In those last 5 weeks, we bought a house, secured renters for the old house, moved, got the old house cleaned and ready for the renters to move in, and unpacked at the new house.  (and some of that was done while Andy was out of the country...)  It's been crazy, but I finally feel like things aren't super up in the air and we can settle a little.  We are loving the new house- with a big farm right behind us and just over an acre of property, we really feel like we're in the 'country', but we're still so close to anything we'd need.  We love it.

There's a little snippet of life as of today.  It is good.



5 comments:

Ranisa said...

Oh Kimra! I read it! I check all the time for updated picture of your beautiful family. How exciting! Lots of fun stuff happening to you guys. Are you still in the ward? What area did you move to?

Ryan and Melissa said...

Thanks for the update. It's fun to hear what's changed for your cute family! (And I still check your blog!)

Julie said...

Thanks for the update! It's hard not to get overwhelmed when you're trying to catch up, but sometimes it's better to just start where you are and not worry so much about catching up. :) However, I'd love to hear more about your cruise sometime. Somehow, I didn't know that you had gone or I would have asked you about it in January.

Cammy Patton said...

I am a devoted fan! It is so fun to be updated on your fam! Congrats on the new house!

Kirsten and Steve said...

I can't wait to see you guys! So fun that you guys got to go on a cruise together. We still need to "jump on that boat" and actually do a cruise. Your family is so cute. See you soon!