Thursday, March 6, 2008

PEEP and the Big Wide World

Have any of you heard of this children's show? I hadn't until Drew recieved a few of the dvd's from Grandma for his 2nd Birthday. Designed to help children learn basic science and math principles, it is one of those 'educational' shows that kids (& moms) love!! Peep and his friends Chirp and Quack explore the big wide world and find all sorts of adventures. This show has quickly become Drew's absolute favorite thing to watch. Not only does he love to dance and sing along with the opening theme song, but he loves the shows themselves.



They are clever, interesting, short (which is great because it keeps his attention for 10 minutes while I shower or add a blog post :), and funny! I find myself laughing along pretty frequently. We love Peep in our house! Drew learns about the seasons, counting, where birds and eggs come from, smells, all sorts of animals, how things sink and float, water currents, etc, etc. You can check out www.peepandthebigwideworld.com for fun games, activities, videos, and more info about peep.

4 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

You know some of those kid shows are really funny! I like to watch Sesame Street with Alex, hahaha. I really do! They still have some of the same segments I saw as a kid. This "Peep" thing sounds pretty cool

Miss Deja said...

Maybe I should rent some "Peep" I don't know how things float! You're gonna have a little smarty-pants on your hands.

Jill said...

That show sounds great! I'm definitely going to check that out. Thanks for sharing!

Kathryn said...

I just looked at your site and it's so fun to catch up with ya'll. How fun that you are getting to see so many new things. I've never been to Nauvoo, but I look forward to it someday. I'm so glad ya'll are doing good. I still love to think about those first days at University Courtyard. That was a good time.