Thursday, June 12, 2008

LIVE UNITED

A couple of weeks ago Drew and I were invited to participate in a photo shoot for Andy's work. For those of you who don't know, he works for United Way (the charity). For the upcoming campaign year, they've got a new theme: "Live United". They did a photo shoot with all sorts of different people, all wearing the new live united t-shirts.

We had fun being on camera, getting our pictures taken, and eating the yummy treats they provided. Towards the end, Hammy, the Rockford IceHogs mascot came to be a part of the shoot. The IceHogs are huge here in Rockford; everyone loves them. We were excited for Drew to get pictures with the mascot. Hammy was meant to get pictures with all the little kids there (there were about 8 at one point), but by the time Hammy got to the location, Drew was the only child still there. SO, Drew got Hammy all to himself! We were curious to see if Drew would be afraid or scared of Hammy, but the second he saw him, he ran up and gave him a big hug! Drew loved getting all sorts of pictures with Hammy, and we had fun watching :) Here are some that I took along the way.


Love at first sight: the first Hug


Drew's thinking, "Hammy's SO cool!"


Happy Camper

I wish I would have gotten a picture of Drew as Hammy walked away (when the photo shoot was all done). Drew was soooo sad! He was crying hysterically, and all of us adults in attendance were just laughing. What a sweet kid! Good thing there was juice on hand: some juice can solve just about any of Drew's problems :)

3 comments:

Jon and Briana said...

That looks like so much fun! and lucky Drew to get that big mascot to himself! They look like old chums! I love united way what a wonderful thing to contribute to!

Unknown said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while or you have been really busy! :) I love the name Grant (and David I am a little biased towards) Someday I will have to ask you for boy names cause I have always had girl names but can never pick out boy names! :) Maybe we can trade/ brainstorm. haha You look great and I hope things go well all summer.

Unknown said...

Sorry I didn't want to spoil the shock, but my cousin is actually a guy! He has been doing Brittany Spears impersonating for 5 years now in Vegas. He has been trying to get on shows like this for a while and I heard he was going to be on from my gma. It is all too weird!! :S And it sounds like Derrick but I get creeped out!

*disclaimer: he isn't a member (my dad is a convert) *